I was recently at my in-laws home during the holidays and happened to pick up the local newspaper. On the front page was a feature story of new years resolutions of some of the local residents of this small town.

I started reading some of them and was shocked. Here are a couple of excerpts from their resolutions:

?All the things that I accomplished this past year, I want to try to keep them going. Like I got help with my rent. I got a better place to live. I stopped using substances, stopped drinking. Going to my groups and stuff like that??

?I forget them about a week later. I decided not to do one anytime anymore, I did quit smoking. That was about 30 years ago. That was probably the only one I remember I ever did. I used to smoke two, three packs of cigarettes a day. I just decided it was time to quit. I didn?t know if I was going to do it or not, but I did do it. I?m glad I did do it. If people want to smoke, that?s up to them. It pays off if you don?t smoke; I can tell you that.?

See full article here

There were other resolutions that were just as bad in the newspaper and I thought to myself, no wonder so many people go through life and don?t fulfill their dreams.

My key to success: If you want to be successful in life set very specific goals and then work towards those goals every single day.

One of the goals I set for myself several years ago was to make $8333 a month from my online businesses. I then broke down each website that I owned and set a goal to how much I wanted each site to make every month to help me get to that goal.

Then I created a daily tasks list for each site that would help me reach the goal for each website. As I did those daily tasks I watched as my income continued to grow to the point that I was making a great full time living online.

The other great thing that happened is that because I had a goal for myself i built momentum and eventually surpassed that goal with ease and had to set new goals.

My advice to you is this: No matter what you are trying to accomplish in life, whether it be in business, religion, personal life etc, set specific goals and you will be more successful and have a much more fulfilled life.